Making the decision to seek treatment for an opioid addiction can be an intimidating and seemingly overwhelming one. At New Hampshire Comprehensive Treatment Centers, we recognize this and we strive to make the admissions process as streamlined and as comfortable as possible.
In order to take part in the care offered through New Hampshire Comprehensive Treatment Centers, patients must meet the following pre-admissions criteria:
- Patients must be aged 18 or older.
- Patients must have been opioid dependent for a minimum of one year.
- Unless pregnant, patients must arrive for their intake in a state of withdrawal, with 20 to 24 hours having passed since their last use of opioids.
If you or your loved one meets the above criteria, then an intake assessment can be scheduled in order to determine if New Hampshire Comprehensive Treatment Centers will be able to best meet your or your loved one’s needs. These assessments can take up to two hours to complete, so arrangements should be made accordingly.
Prospective patients must be prepared to bring the following to their intake assessment:
- Valid photo identification (Driver’s license, state ID, or passport)
- Intake fee, regardless of whether or not insurance will be used to cover the cost of treatment
- Insurance card
During the intake process, prospective patients can expect the following to occur:
- Patients will be required to provide a urine specimen.
- Female patients will be required to take a pregnancy test.
- Patients will meet with a clinician to complete a comprehensive biopsychosocial assessment.
- Patients will be scheduled for blood work and TB testing.
- Patients will be scheduled to meet with the medical director in order to complete a physical and receive a final decision regarding admission.
Prospective patients may call to schedule an intake assessment or may choose to walk-in to inquire about services.
Once the intake process has been completed, and a final decision has been made in regards to admission, patients who will be receiving care at New Hampshire Comprehensive Treatment Centers’ Manchester location will be required to attend four program orientation groups.
To speak with one of our knowledgeable and helpful admissions staff members, please contact New Hampshire Comprehensive Treatment Centers today.